Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Different Kind of Christmas

Hey Y'all!

I pray y'all are as blessed as my family and I.

I know it's been quite some time since my last post, and I've truly missed blogging...a lot!

Well, the retail world is slowly-slowing down. Along the way, I moved right into a 3rd shift positions in the bakery! Yee Ha! (it's really been a blessing in disguise for many reasons).
At first my hubby was none-to-thankful for my transitions, but now, he's glad to have me home in the daytime. Schooling is on hold until January! Yee Ha! Although testing is in February, there's always too much excitment to focus around this time of year!

I just spent the last 2 1/2 hrs reading the blogs of others and "catching" up on what I've missed the last 4 weeks. It was fantastic to sit, sip a cup of coffee, and read about what God is doing in all your lives! I learned a litttle, laughed a little, and prayed for each of my friends. What a treasure you all are.

Christmas is now only two days away. It seems to come faster and faster each year. I remember as a child how Christmas vacation from school was truly a treat and it seemed to last FORever.... now, it slips in and out without much fuss or hassle...

We don't celebrate Christmas in what most would consider a "traditional" manner. We chose not to put up a tree, go in debt buying gifts for loved ones, or get too caught up in "Santa Claus." This has caused quite a controversy with some of our family and friends. We however, have peace in God about our choice and try to be careful not judge others for their decision to celebrate differently.

It does excite me to think that this season might bring a chance for those who wouldn't normally hear about Jesus Christ, to experience His loving kindness, peace, goodness, faithfulness, and maybe catch a glimpse of the hope they think is so fleeting.

This past Sunday when the body we meet with came together, Pastor shared a terrific word that was right on the money for this time of year. Pastor Disher has been leading us in a series of teachings based on the 52 questions Jesus asked. This past one was " WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CHRIST?" It was fantastic. He went to share how the Sanhedrin attempted to "trap" Jesus and therefore be able to kill him...but Jesus was keen to thier schemes. He was leading to the point that no matter what you may think of the Christ, scripture is definitive...there is only one way to the Father...through Jesus Christ. Jesus said so...didn't He. Jesus also stated that he and the Father were one....doesn't leave much room for "guessing" who the Christ is does it? He is surely God, born of man, given over to death, to bring everlasting life to those who seek him.

I encourage you this Christmas season to not only focus on the miraculous birth of the Son of God to a virgin girl, his spectacular sinless life, or even his persecution and death on the cross....but the joy in everlasting life, hope with salvation, peace with redemption.

Pray that God will allow you the opportunity for a divine appointment with someone who needs to hear about the Love that came down from heaven...no matter the season.

Hugs and More Hugs...Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

No comments: