Thursday, July 11, 2013

It certainly has been quite some time since I posted here to this blog. Wow! Where the time has gone, I do not know! Seems like getting busier happens when your children get older!

It's so hard to believe that my sweet little baby girl will begin 4th grade this year. She is super smart & has the most bubbly personality. She makes us all laugh & grin daily! She is quite the ham and enjoys everything girly! I do mean everything! Make-overs, nail paiting, hair color & various fixed styles... She is forever spending her allowance or birthday money on something to make her more like a princess. (nevermind the fact, she already is one!)

Sweet Bailie, my first born daughter, whe will be 11 years old this Fall. She certainly has grown from that 4lb 11oz baby that brought me my first taste of motherhood! Oh, how I still see that precious head of red, curly hair...or rather..what used to be.. Now, she desires blue or purple streaks. Mabye a feather or some kind of braid. She still loves animals, that has never waivered.. and is most certainly a love that God has placed there for her!

My handsome son Ryan. He will graduate from his local High School early. He has enough credits to complete his 12th grade year in January. He is planning to join the USAF and become a Pararescue soldier. My heart beams at the wonderful man he is becoming. Both physically & spiritually. He credits his single greatest achievement this past year as beginning a morning Bible Study for students at his school. They met every morning to read scripture, discuss it, and pray for one another as well as the others at his school. Nevermind the fact that he made A honor roll - every semester. And that he received multiple awards & recognitions for his academics and citizenship!

My life too has had many changes since my last blog...... I have worked, came home, and gone back out in to the field once again.. only to once again be home. It appears that I keep trying to get in God's way and solve my own problems myself. How selfish of me, right! I know now, that I am truly where I need to be. God has provided my little family with everything we NEED. Notice I said NEED. Let me write that once more for my own reminder .. all that we NEED.

We are not hungry. We are not naked (thank you Jesus). We are not dirty. We are not homeless. We are not without the amenities required to live comfortably (heat/air, water, electricity, furniture, etc.) We are not alone. We are in this together and we have God to thank for it all. 

I needed to remind myself of this simple idea. I forget. I forget that I have my needs provided. I forget that my woes or grumbling or complaints are in vain.....because I do have all that I NEED.

"Lord Jesus, i ask you right now to forgive me for my misguidedness in believin that I could do anything without your provision. Please help me to see that every day is a special blessing. That I don't NEED anything that you haven't already provided for me or will provide as you see fit. Let me not forget all those who suffer daily because they do not have you in their lives. Open doors Lord for me share with them the joy found in you! In Jesus' name I pray."

Do you find youself also forgetting the goodness of God's provision?

No comments: